The knowledge base from a field measurement technician to the measurement analyst is extremely demanding.
Every field technician is tested in both knowledge and skills on a daily basis regarding:
- Electronic controls to pneumatic controls
- Communication system support
- Multiple technical disciplines
- Support of measurement equipment
- Procedures that must be followed (SOP) – Standard Operating Procedures
- Regulatory requirements governing the facilities
- Ongoing training of field personnel
These factors and many more create a tremendous and constant challenge for every organization.